Change of weather can be a tad bit difficult for your health to cope up with. Read here to know the nutritional changes you need to introduce in your diet to stay healthy during spring/summer.
Drink lots of fluids during spring/summer season
Eat more salads for a detox from binge eating in winter
Include more fibre rich foods in your diet for weight loss and digestion
Fast facts on health
Here are some key points about health. More detail is in the main article.
- Health can be defined as physical, mental, and social wellbeing, and as a resource for living a full life.
- It refers not only to the absence of disease, but the ability to recover and bounce back from illness and other problems.
- Factors for good health include genetics, the environment, relationships, and education.
- A healthful diet, exercise, screening for diseases, and coping strategies can all enhance a person’s health.
Healthy eating is one of the best things you can do to prevent and control health problems such as heart disease, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, and some types of cancer.
Spring, one of the most delightful seasons is here. People welcome the warm and comforting spring with open arms after days of cold and chilly winter. But, with every season change, there are certain challenges that the body goes through. The season of spring too slowly descending to warmer summer days. All of this change of weather can be a tad bit difficult for your health to cope up with and thus we talk about some nutritional needs during the spring/summer season which can help you lose weight, and stay fit and healthy.
According to nutritionist Nmami Agarwal, change in season also leads to an extensive shift/change in bodily functions. However, it can be managed by taking an extra effort in terms of tracking down what food and nutrition has to be cut down from the diet and what has to be added.
Following are few diet tips to stay healthy in Spring/Summer
- Staying quenched all throughout the season is amongst the major concerns. Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water daily to avoid dehydration because of fluid loss.
- Include fruits in your diet during the spring/summer season. Fruits are rich in antioxidants that can help you cope up with the change in weather this time of the year. Fruits are also a rich source of fibre, a nutrient which is essential for weight loss and constipation prevention.
- During the spring/summer season, including more fibre in your diet can especially be helpful as it can compensate for the binge eating in winter, mentions Nmami. Beetroots, carrots, avocado, broccoli, artichoke, Brussel sprouts, lentils, kidney beans, chickpeas, oats and quinoa are all examples of vegetables rich in fibre.
- Including fibrous foods in your diet will help you burn calories and lose weight. Fibre rich foods are great for the body’s digestion as well. Many people experience digestion issues with change of weather, especially on days of sultry heat. Fibre also helps in eliminating toxins from the body.
- Spring season is essentially the time for cleanse. Drink lots of hydrating drinks like coconut water, sugarcane juice, buttermilk and thandai can keep you hydrated. This is time to eat more salads for a detox from the winter binge eating. Include fewer carbs and saturated fats in your diet to avoid unnecessary weight gain.
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. NDTV does not claim responsibility for this information.